Contemplative Activities Calendar - Free Weekly Events
Posting for Student Assistant
The Contemplative Sciences Center at the University of Virginia is seeking self-motivated student(s) to assist with a broad range of the Center’s activities, including business operations, fundraising, communications, events management, and data processing.
Position Objective and Job Summary
- This position provides broad support for the Center as needed throughout the office. Duties include:
- Providing administrative assistance as needed: filing, preparing correspondence and mailings, scheduling, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Help manage and update website
- Help promote Center activities: design & distribute flyers, send email announcements, etc.
- Help manage social media for CSC
- Help organize and execute Center events including events for U.Va. students
- Helping process data of various types related to contemplation
- The Center is seeking student assistant(s) for the Summer 2017 and the 2017-18 school year. Expected hours per week are 8 -10 and compensation will be $12 / hour.
- Interest in and desire to learn more about contemplation and its role at the University of Virginia
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to work independently and manage time well.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- (Desired but not necessary) Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Send the following via email to Juliet Trail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter including information about your availability (spring, summer and/or fall as well as ideal number of hours/week)
- 2-3 References