Wildrock Retreat: Finding Solid Ground in Nature and Yourself
|NEW|Talks by Sharon Salzberg (3/20), Gary Kraftsow (3/26), Mick Krasner (4/12)
WHEN Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10 AM- 4 PM
* This event is already full, but please consider participating in the CSC Serenity Ridge Meditation Retreat on April 29 (Sat) instead. And if you would like to be on the Wildrock Retreat waiting list, please send an email to email@example.com.
CSC and Wildrock are partnering together to offer for the first time a day retreat that emphasizes play and exploration, creativity and self-expression, awareness and quiet reflection all in the beautiful mountains and natural landscape of Crozet. In this retreat we will learn ways to reconnect with nature and ourselves by engaging in hiking in nearby Patricia Byrom Park, creative nature-based activities, quiet reflection, and group discussions on how we can de-stress and reconnect with the natural world on a daily basis on and off grounds to support a healthy, happy, and meaningful lifestyle. This retreat is a perfect opportunity to take a break at the end of the semester and enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Shenandoah mountains while engaging in deeply interactive and introspective nature-based programming.
- 10 AM: Arrive (Wildrock parking lot) and Introduction
- 10:15 AM: 2-hour ecotherapy hike
- 12:15 PM: Silent Mindful Lunch in nature
- 1:15-2:15 PM: Small group meditations in nature and discussion
- 2:30-3:15 PM: Small group creative/educational activities
- 3:15-4:00 PM: Small group discussions on bringing meditation and nature connection to your daily life
- 4:00 PM: Departure
* The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions but will happen rain or shine.
* There is no cell phone coverage.
* Direction: From Charlottesville, follow Barracks Road which turns into Garth Road to the Piedmont Store in Whitehall, go around the curve to the right onto Rt. 810 (do not go straight up to Sugar Hollow), Follow Rt. 810 for 7.7 miles and parking area is on the left. Approximately 30 minutes from Barracks Road Shopping Plaza. Look for a black pasture fence with a vinyl Wildrock sign on it. Drive up the gravel drive and park behind the barn. Don’t go up Cottonwood Headquarters — our neighbor’s drive.
Capacity We can fit up to 50 people. (First-come-first-served, based on the transaction time on registration website)